Fabspeed Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Sport Cats | Cicio Performance
The 2023 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 5.5l Twin Overhead Cam V8 will go down as one of the greatest engines of all time. Unfortunately GM had to meet noise restrictions and emissions laws. That’s where Fabspeed comes in. Using only the finest catalytic converters in the world, we were able to get that last 10% out of the Z06. All while still meeting emissions regulations with no check engine light (CEL).
These sport cats feature German made HJS 200 cell EURO 6 EC certified tri-metallic catalytic converters. We use enlarged piping from the engine side to the cat, and from the cat to the rest of the exhaust. These are NOT the same catalytic converters we sell for the standard C8. We were able to eke out a little more room and fit an even BIGGER catalyst. Larger catalytic converters are better because they allow for more exhaust flow, and the increased surface area allows for better exhaust gas filtering. This means they will NOT trigger a check engine light. Our Sport Cats are a direct bolt-on replacement for the factory C8 Z06 catalytic converters. Designed in collaboration and partnership with HJS Germany Emissions technology Fabspeed is HJS Germany’s official partner for Corvette C8 Z06 licensed systems.
Our Heat blankets are the icing on the cake. Made from 321 stainless steel netting, ceramic fiber and Kevlar jackets with 321 springs. These are military spec thermal blankets that provide better than OEM heat control for our Sport Headers and many other aftermarket headers. We have 20+ years of experience designing heat blankets for McLaren’s and Ferrari’s producing over 800 HP. Our heat blankets are capable of withstanding 2200 degrees fahrenheit. They don’t trap in moisture like header wrap does (which even destroys stainless steel over time), and they provide far greater heat control than any ceramic coating can.
Even we were astonished when we first heard these Sport Cats on an otherwise stock Z06. These turn up the volume significantly. You’ll be treated to a higher pitched exhaust note, with an absolutely raw sounding wind out in the upper RPM range. Pops and burbles are also significantly enhanced. Imagine a Ferrari 458 on steroids.
With an otherwise stock exhaust and no tune, we gained 26 WHP at 6700 RPM and 28 ft/lbs of TQ at 4700 RPM. That’s a gain of 28 HP at the crank! Peak horsepower also increased from our baseline of 640 WHP to 659 WHP and from 445 ft/lbs of TQ to 460 ft/lbs of TQ. See our dyno graph above for more details.
- Fits all Chevrolet Corvette C8 Z06 2023+ Models worldwide
- Impressive dyno proven power gains of 26 WHP and 28 ft/lbs of TQ
- Save 9 lbs / 4.1 KGs compared to the stock catalytic converter
- Constructed from T304L stainless steel
- Heat insulated with military-grade heat blankets that provide better heat protection than GM OEM heat shields
- Heat blankets can handle up to 2200F / 1200C
- Proven durability and performance on 1200+ HP Mclaren, Ferrari and Lamborghini exotics
- World’s largest and highest flowing catalytic converters for the 2020 Corvette C8
- Simple direct bolt-on replacement for the restrictive OEM ceramic 700 cell catalytic converters
- Designed from 3D scans of the OEM headers so we can achieve perfect bolt-on fitment
- We use German-made HJS HD tri-metallic 200-cell EURO 6 homologated catalytic converters for the best performance and reliability
- NO catalyst generated check engine light (CEL) guaranteed
- No ECU tune required
- Built 100% in house at Fabspeed Motorsport USA in Fort Washington, PA
- Fabspeed Motorsport is HJS Germany’s exclusive USA importer and distributor and the only one who can provide a valid HJS warranty
- Simple bolt-on installation, no cutting or welding required
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Warranty
Why We Choose HJS Catalytic Converters:
HJS German imported catalytic converters are made from some of the highest grade materials you can find in a catalytic converter. This yields high performance gains and longevity so it wont deteriorate over time like lower grade catalytic converters. These catalytic converters flow up to 93-95% of a straight pipe in most applications. The benefit is that you get the “straight pipe sound” while still being able to provide enough emissions scrubbing to prevent a check engine light. If you’d like to learn more, watch our video about HJS catalytic converters.
PURCHASE DISCLAIMER: Fabspeed Motorsport does not condone the use of emission defeat devices for any vehicles used on public streets or roadways. Fabspeed Motorsport will not tamper, remove, disable, or bypass emissions equipment on a motor vehicle in accordance with 40 CFR Section 86.1854.12(a)(3), Clean Air Act 40 CFR 1068.101(b). This includes software, known as tunes, that reprogram a motor vehicles electronic control module to alter engine performance and enable the removal of filters, catalysts, and other critical emissions controls.
Sport Catalytic Converter (STREET) – This product removes the OEM catalytic converters from the vehicle, and as such, is strictly intended for closed track events and off-road use only. This product contains a High-Flow Sport Catalytic Converter solely intended for track and race cars as it is NOT California Air Resources Board Certified and not EPA certified. You are hereby informed and warned to check your local, state, and federal laws before buying and installing these or any aftermarket parts to be sure whether usage is in violation. All installation-risk and use-risk is borne by the end-user and installer of these parts.